My life took an unwanted turn in early June. Stupidly I tried to suppress or escape my feelings. Even more stupidly I didn’t reach out for help until I was struggling. It wasn’t until I was close to drowning that I swallowed my pride and asked for help.
I’m grateful for the green shoots of positivity that have come from my pain. Without reaching the bottom I wouldn’t have:
- Taken a closer look at my inner self and searched and discovered opportunities to improve
- Explored Spiritual channels for healing and self-improvement
- Trial a new suite of holistic activities
- Focus on me and make time for me
- Have a more significant appreciation for what I do have and the people that love me
- Reaching out to friends and family for help!
- Spending quality time supporting my sister and being supported by her
- Connecting with a Psychologist for the first time
- Coming to the realisation of the garbage that was fogging my brain and disconnecting from it. Emotionally, mentally, and physically.
As heavy as it may be and as difficult as it might be to see it, find and throw a tiny stone of positivity into the ocean and focus on the ripples you can ride. Stay focused and turn those ripples into waves.